Completely Overhauled 2. Edition
updated and extended Descriptions
With over 1600 pages printed in two Volumes the Kompendium is the must-have resources for any LGB-Friends and LGB-Collectors. This is the most comprehensive work ever published - a real Encyclopedia for LGB trains.
All LGB brands for the times from 1968 - 2015are covered:
if they had a unique product number.
This edition contains 2,230 product descriptions, > 2,200 pictures, and about 375 recognized variations.
Due to the extensive additions this work had to be broken into two volumes:
- VOLUME I contains LGB engines (+ „TOY TRAIN®“ engines), LGB train sets (+ TOY TRAIN®“ Train Sets), Primus, catalogs, Depeschen „CLUB News“ and „BIG“. In this current edition the chapters
„Engines“ are on about 360 pages, „Trainsets“ are covered on 164 pages and „Primus“ on 12 pages. For the categories of catalogs, Depeschen, „CLUB News“ and „BIG“ are the covers printed.
The appendix of Volume I contains the Table of Content sorted by product number in ascending order coupled with a short description, a complete listing of all European and American narrow gauge railroad companies. (which are covered in the Kompendium) including their full description as well as a comprehensive listing of US cars with their English description.
- Volume II contains on 328 pages the chapter „Passenger Cars“ (+ TOY TRAIN®“ Passenger Cars) and on 644 pages „Freight Cars“ (+ „TOY TRAIN®“ Freight Cars), as well as an Appendix
the Table of Content sorted by ascending product numbers followed by the short description.
The author put in the year of first appearance in the respective LGB catalog and the page of the first appearance. This way you can easily find the product in the original LGB catalog.
All standard articles, plus all special edition articles for "VEDES", "IDEE + SPIEL", etc. have the original MSRP listed (in either DM or after the reform in EURO. Additionally (if obtainable) the current street price is printed as well.
For the engines are listed weight and length specifications, for the car and train sets only the length specification..
The 2 edition has succeeded to even catalog very rare product with pictures.:
in the section engines:
- „Cambrai“ steam engine Product. No. 23781,
- Canadian Diesel engine CP Rail Product. No.. 23552,
- GG1 Pennsylvania (Auflage 35 Stück!) Product. No. 23835,
- The complete set „Wilson Brothers“ Circus Train
- McDonalds®“ (San Diego – 20 units special edition),
- the two freight cars „Dutch Masters®“ including packaging,
- the 3 car set „Klondike Trail“,
- Product. No. 33573 (NYC Ergänzung),
- den österr. Staßenbahn-Beiwagen (3500 AU)
- So called „Goldzug“,
- „Baltimore Set“ (Product. No. 70457),
- „Saftbären Express“ (only for pharmacies)
- „20th Anniversery Mogul Set“ (Product. No. 29182).
- Primus-Sets Product. No. 8000 and 81401.
2. Auflage 2015 (Date of photos and text 15. August 2015).
Published by Kompendium-Verlag, Inh. Barbara Mattolat
Baltrumer Strasse 9 – D-67201 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Manfred R. Meliset – Kartenhaus-Verlag
Postfach 140120 – 67021 Ludwigshafen
This complete Encyclopedia for LGB trains was published in Germany and the texts are in German. But thisdoesn't take away from the high value it presents for even non German speakers. If oyu are interested in selling your trains and are tired of low ball offers, then we suggest you get the Kompendium, at least you know what it is worth.