Fullrange speaker with a plastic basket and plastic diaphragm
Broad frequency and good voice reproduction. Ideal speaker for the model field. Very well sutied for outdoor applications (e.g. sounds in station buildings).
- Plastic: ABS (basket; UL 94: HB); Mylar (diapraghm)
- Functionally at cold according to EN 60068-2-1/EN 50155
- Cold storage (-40 °C) according to EN 60068-2-1/EN 50155
- Functionally at damp heat (cyclic) according to EN 60068-2-3/EN 50155
- Functionally at dry heat according to EN 60068-2-2/EN 50155
Diameter: 2 1/2"
Mounting rim: 2 1/2"
Rated power 2 W
Maximum power 3 W
Nominal impedance Z 8 Ohm
Frequency response 200–15000 Hz
Mean sound pressure level 86 dB (1 W/1 m)
Opening angle (-6 dB) 109°/4000 Hz
Excursion limit +/−1.5 mm
Resonance frequency fs 300 Hz
Magnetic induction: 0.7 T
Magnetic flux: 45 µWb
Height of front pole-plate 2 mm
Voice coil diameter 10 mm
Height of winding 2.5 mm
Cutout diameter 60 mm
Net weight 0.05 kg
Protective system: IP 65
Temperature range −40 ... 176 °F
This speaker is made in Germany by the German manufacturer Visaton, a company that I personally know for more than 30 years. I build my first studio speakers with speakers from Visaton and they lasted for 15 years until I sold them - and they probably perform still today. So it is no surprise, when entering into the garden railroad sounds, I found Visaton again - and they are great!